Thursday 2 January 2014

Standing at the door step of the New Year 2014

Where was i on new year's day? Seriously, i can't remember.

The day must have been "same-old, "same old" until i couldn't remember what had happened. I was just preparing to sleep at my usual hours until i reopen my laptop and noted a conversation going-on in FB about a friend's friend's employee who had came to work after a 2-day absence. The boss suspected  a date violence going on. Tried  calling B several times as the shelter's key was not in my keeping. Did felt a niggling guilt for bothering her at such an hour. Thank God she didnot pick up the call, thus forcing me to drive to PJ. Daughter was kind enough to accompany. The poor girl seemed a lit bit off; her speech slurred and her arm in a sling. She wouldnt look me in the eye and i could hardly hear what she was saying. She rejected both my offer of taking her to the police station or the hospital. We waited until she entered her house compound before leaving for home. It was past midnight when we reached home.

Many questions in my mind.

There is only a window period of 10 minutes;the journey  it took from her place of work and  to her house, to build trust in order to gain information. Where and how can i help? I felt  helpless not being able to do more. Imagine if she is my daughter..

I am glad that my year 2014  started with an opportunity for me to assist a stranger; albeit so little that i could do. I believe i had taken the right path to start my new year. All Praises to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment