Wednesday 3 September 2014

Reunion

The thing about reunions is...
Have you ever been guilty of looking at others your own age and thinking, "surely I can't look that old.". Well . . . you'll love this one.
My name is Meena. I was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment with a new dentist.
I noticed his BDS degree on the wall, which bore his full name.
Suddenly, I remembered a tall , handsome, dark-haired boy with the same name had been in my high school class some 30-odd years ago.
Could he be the same guy that I had a secret crush on, way back then?
Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such thought. This balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to have been my classmate.
After he examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended St Mary's high school.
"Yes. yes, I did.' he gleamed with pride.
"When did you graduate?" I asked.
He answered, "In 1984. Why do you ask?"
"You were in my class!!!!", I exclaimed.
He looked at me closely.
Then,
that
ugly,
old,
bald,
wrinkled faced,
gray-haired,
decrepit,
asked,
"What did you teach" ?

No comments:

Post a Comment